Saturday 22 March 2014

The Annual Orchid Festival at Kew Gardens

It's hard to describe what it feels like to see the incredible annual orchid exhibition held at the Princess of Wales Conservatory at Kew Gardens because it's so much more overwhelming than you'd ever expect.  First of all it happens around the end of winter, second, it's like walking into a tropical forest for a couple of hours and thirdly, it's a marvel how those talented gardeners and florists at Kew manage to hang and arrange that many orchids in such a wide variety of ways.

I took pictures with both my Canon and iphone, the latter of which I shared on Instagram with the hashtag #KewOrchids.  Such incredible fun for someone who loves Kew, loves delicate blossoms and loves photography.  Triple result.  Oh, and when I framed some of the prints, they were my best sellers at the Kew Village Market on the 2nd of March.












No comments:

Post a Comment